We go through reinvention multiple times in a lifetime. You can see reinventions happen as we move from childhood and to teenage years showcasing our character and identity.
Turning 30 can often triggers a lot of people to start adulting and taking life more seriously. That’s reinvention.
A different kind of reinvention might happen in our 40s or 50s. We might call mid-life crisis and can lead to major reinventing!
I feel like every five years or so I go through a reinvention, I consider it levelling up.
So if you are realizing that it’s time for you to reinvent yourself and choose a path that’s better suited for you at this stage of your life, Here are 10 ways to help you:
1. See the new YOU. Create a vision of your future self. What are you doing? How do you look? How are you feeling? Who’s with you? Don’t see this like to have to change who you are…it’s more like evolving to the better you.
2. Become the New YOU. Change your inner dialogue. Talk to yourself in the most positive manner. Never put yourself down. Always encourage. Write a brief description of the vision of yourself, the success you have and how you are living your life. It’s like a vision and mission statement for your personal life. Visualize every morning when you first wake up and every night before you go to sleep. Regular and repeated visualization will facilitate a quicker change. You will start to being and feeling the person you are becoming
3. Be patient. Know that change takes time. But with consistency and effort it will be sure to happen. Have faith that whatever you are envisioning for yourself belongs to you and will happen for you. Be grateful and stay the course. .
4. Upgrade your environment. Spruce up your closets, your home bathroom, your personal wardrobe. Everything that you see and other people see on a daily basis needs an upgrade.
5. Use your strength. We often so focus on improving our weaknesses, that we neglect to capitalize from our strength. Leaning into your strengths will give you the confidence to facilitate your reinvention. Create a niche that’s complementary to your gifts, strengths and experience.
6. Become in-tune with your purpose. This may take more time than you like. If you will relax and just ask this question, “What is my purpose in life?” for 7-10 days every night before you go to sleep, the answer will appear. Trust me.
7. Let go of your past. It’s very important to not dwell on the past! It’s done! You have to move away from it and embrace the future that you’re creating for yourself. The best in the world only go into the past for analysis, evaluation and swift learning. Share my story about the gym
8. Upgrade your energy. Bring your best energy into your interactions with others. When you choose to vibrate at a higher frequency, you will be able to influence the energy of those around and position yourself more favourably. Try this, next time someone asks you “How are you? respond with something like “Fantastic!” instead of “I’ve been better”.
9. Protect yourself from the haters. Of course not everyone will be onboard with your the new version of you. Your family and friends will have their own opinions about the direction you are going. It’s important to not let their input influence and sway you from your goal and vision. They are speaking from their own fears and insecurities that has nothing to do with you.
10. Build your own community of supporters. You want to surround yourself with people that are supportive and appreciate the person you’re becoming. They will be part of your support system as you reinvent yourself into your best version of YOU.
Excited to hear from you! Please share you takeaways and comments.